How does the word become reality (flesh)? How do you access and apply the power of the word? What does it mean to align with the word?
When you you make a promise do you keep it? Have you ever given your word to something, made a commitment to something, and not fulfill your commitment? Have you ever made a declaration (e.g., I’m going to lose 10 lbs; I’m going to write a book; I’m going to go after the career I really want; I’m going to learn a musical instrument; I’m going to volunteer, visit family more, stay in contact, start and commit to a business, etc) and end up not following through?
What was the impact on yourself? Did you find peace of mind? Did you feel powerful or powerless? Did you feel strengthened and inspired to go after another goal? What about the people around you – family, friends, co-workers – what was the impact on them? Were they deeply moved and inspired by your results? Were they encouraged and motivated to pursue their passions and dreams?
Every time we give our word to something, and we then do not operate as our word, we lose power to fulfill on anything we deem important or commit to. We experience a failure in performance, resulting in a loss of power, resulting in a loss of self-expression, resulting in a loss of peace of mind, resulting in a loss of aliveness, resulting in a loss of freedom.
The end result looks like what we have been experiencing throughout life – frustration, discontent, superficial gratification that lasts only for the moment, and the assumption of an identity that labors constantly to compensate for, and cover up, the loss of the connection with Self.
However, when we are aligned with our word – we do what we say we’re going to do once we have declared it – we are empowered, enlivened, inspired, emboldened, encouraged, liberated, at peace, self-expressed, clear and complete. We do what we say we are going to do (keeping our word), and once we know we cannot or will not keep our word we acknowledge and admit it immediately (honoring our word).
Integrity is both keeping our word and honoring our word when we cannot or will not keep our word. Integrity is operating as Self, being authentic. Authentic is defined as: conforming to fact and therefore worthy of belief and trust.
The fact is that we are the Self – essentially, intrinsically, authentically – and when we operate as Self we are being authentic, true to our Self.
We are not the identity we’ve assumed, the identity that emerged from having to survive disconnected from Self, the identity that is a product of events and conditioning and our interpretations (stories) of the events and responses to the conditioning which is usually adopt, agree, conform. Even if we reject the conditioning we can produce an identity that is defined only in relation to the conditioning, not independent of it. Identity is inauthentic, i.e., it does not conform to fact (the truth of Self) and is therefore unworthy of belief and trust. There is no integrity in identity.
So then, when we align with our word, operating with integrity, as our word, as our Self, we experience breakthroughs where before, as our identity, we only experienced breakdowns.
Miracles happen. Even the very small things which might be taken for granted by the identity, is seen by the Self as miraculous.
I believe this is why I have been experiencing breakthroughs –
– the 127 people that chose all at once to to follow my blog (and there will by many, many more);
– the relationship breakthrough I had with my wife, Caroline, after experiencing a major breakdown, both resulting from my getting totally honest about my dishonesty and hypocrisy;
– the breakthrough in writing a book, a short one of 20,000 words intended for readers 12 and older (adults will love it, too!) titled The Acorn of Life, an inspiring allegory of an Acorn who seeks the answer to 2 questions – how do Acorns become Oak Trees? And why? – which start him on a journey of discovery in which he receives revelations from different members of the Natural world – a river, a lake, a mountain, an eagle, a butterfly, the Great Oak Tree, a crow, etc., (soon to be published as an ebook on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, etc. – ok, enough self-promotion!! But hey, someone’s gotta believe in me; might as well be me!!);
– breakthroughs in my Energy Healing work and Transformational Coaching work;
– and breakthroughs in my T-shirt business, Thoughtwear Global, which is all about spreading and wearing inspiring, empowering messages – clothing for a new world.
I’ve had, and am experiencing, other awesome breakthroughs – in my relationship with my Father and my Brother, volunteering, gaining laser-sharp awareness of my identity, the character I’ve been playing throughout my life and getting honest about it, and the creation of new, awesome possibilities and commitments.
I share all of this simply to share my testimony and show what is possible. You see, I’ve spent a lifetime, as I mentioned in my previous post, How the Word Becomes Flesh – Part I, with a very low, unrealistic view of myself as a nobody heading nowhere. Yet, I put up a front (my identity) like I was a somebody doing great things. I looked big and played small. It led nowhere.
Along the way though, I had glimpses and experiences of my authentic Self, my greatness, my honesty, my power, my love, my light, my inspiring impact on others. And that always stuck with me. Let yours stick with you – please.
So, once you get honest, authentic, about where you have been dishonest and hypocritical, inauthentic, that is a major first step. And do it with everyone because this is how the identity, the counterfeit self, gets exposed and loses power.
Then commit to being your word. Commit to keeping your word and honoring your word.
Then create a new possibility of Being. How, why?
You see, once you’ve discovered the identity, the character, you’ve been playing all of your life and you get honest/authentic about where you’ve been dishonest/inauthentic then your identity melts in the light of authenticity.
Then you have a blank slate, a blank canvas, on which to start over. You now have a landscape of limitless possibilities before you.
You now can look over that landscape as your Self and choose a new way of Being, a true way of Being without referring to the past of how you used to do things but by solely looking forward to the future and speaking your word into the void and creating a new reality.
– Forget about your past failures – that was not YOU anyway!
– Forget about other people’s expectations of you – their way of seeing is not your way of Being – not anymore!
– Forget about your fears and doubts – your SELF (the Acorn, the Christ, the Buddha – your Self!) has no fear! The fears are a part of your conditioned ‘self’ – your identity!
– Forget about where you come from, that you have no college degree, that you were abused as child, that you have a criminal past, that you are ‘old’ or ‘poor’ or ‘unskilled’ or ‘untrained’ – the past no longer exists so why hold on to the stories of the past, why maintain your interpretations (stories) of what happened (facts) when you are not your past and you are not the story of your past!!!
– Remember that you are a POWERFUL BEING, a HUMAN BEING (not a Human Thing – limited and confined!!) and that as a BEING you have the POWER to create a new life NOW, a new reality NOW!
– Remember that the past no longer exists so why hold on to things and events and pains that do not exist in the PRESENT (and will persist in the future only if we hold on to them and continue speaking of them with our words!!!)
– Remember that the people you want to impress, and their expectations and opinions of you that you are trying to fulfill or resist, are themselves only being an identity and not the authentic Self! Love them, but don’t live your life to please them!
– Remember that the future you choose to create knows nothing of the past and has no regard for the past so why should you! The future is the blank canvas of your life – paint a masterpiece that expresses your SELF and nothing or no one else!!!
– Remember that you are a BEING OF POSSIBILITY and not a mere physical object! You are a CHILD OF LIFE, A CHILD OF THE UNIVERSE, A CHILD OF LOVE, A CHILD OF CREATOR (OR GOD, if you prefer – or neither if you choose) and that YOU ARE HERE ON EARTH TO LOVE, TO BE LOVED, TO SHINE A LIGHT BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN, TO INSPIRE OTHERS, AND TO IMPACT LIFE ON EARTH IN SUCH A WAY THAT HUMANITY IS BETTER FOR YOUR HAVING BEEN HERE AND LIVED!!!!!!!
Reclaim the power of your word by being your word, by operating as your Self, and creating and manifesting the possibility of a new reality of your choosing! Then you will be fulfilling as a creator and not merely existing as a creation.
Dream big, play big, and be your dream (and your WORD)!!! Because nothing is more dangerous than playing it safe!!!