As an awe-struck, first-time Father for only 3 weeks I am experiencing all the unimaginable new joys and challenges of Fatherhood. My partner, Caroline, and I are as much newborns as our beautiful son and together the 3 of us are weathering the changes of a life in transition.
One thing, however, that neither one of us was prepared for, in spite of advisories shared by others to help us prepare for it, is the issue of colic in our son. Endless crying — I mean those cries of pain that will cause your system to flood with the most intense feelings of sympathy, sadness and fear for your little one — keeps us awake all night or constantly pacing during daytime and can be a big source of pain and stress for both baby and parents.
We went in search of a remedy for colic. And we found one that works.
As to the causes of colic it can be a combination of things:
1) A newborn’s digestive system right after birth is not fully developed and most likely will experience gas.
2) Feeding too fast can cause a baby to gulp air along with the breast milk (we choose natural feeding over formula).
3) Mother’s diet – foods eaten by the Mother that produce gas in the newborn are:
- cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc)
- dairy products (milk, cheese, ice cream, etc)
- legumes (beans and bean products)
- citrus fruits and juices
- soy products
4) Crying – the baby’s crying due to gas pains will cause more air to be swallowed, and therefore, more gas.
So we can see from the causes that there are preventive measures that we can take, namely, changes in diet. But what if you’ve made the necessary changes to your diet and the baby still is colicky?
There is a remedy that TRULY works!
It’s a homeopathic remedy called Colic Calm and it has helped restore peace, comfort, and joy for our precious child (and for us!).
The (active) ingredients it contains:
- lemon balm
- vegetable carbon
It has a reported success rate of 95% (100% for us, so far) and is totally free of side effects (We have found ZERO complaints and ZERO reports of side effects from parents online).
I’ve read that it can also help with hiccups (my Son gets frequent hiccups and, yes, Colic Calm works on hiccups!) and can even help when the Child starts teething (we’ll see about that soon enough).
If you are dealing with a colicky baby then –
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND COLIC CALM!
(I’ve read that it can help adults who have acid reflux, indigestion, and gas).